Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's Been a While

I know it's been a while since my last post, and quite a bit has happened. We had an appointment with the oncologist in Birmingham where we found out that my red blood cell count was very low and I then had to be admitted to the hospital for a transfusion. That went well and afterward I felt like a totally different person. We are scheduled to go for another appointment to see him next Monday. I'm hoping we might find out when I may have a CT scan done to see the progress of the radiation and the chemotherapy. But, right now things are going pretty well with me, side effects are minimal, appetite is doing well. The Lord has really blessed me with energy to get out and spend time with Aaron and RJ.

My mom; however, is going through a lot right now. Earlier this week she had to go to the ER because she had a VERY bad migraine headache. She was able to come home, and the next day she had a appointment with her GP who then admitted her to the hospital. She was scheduled to have surgery on her toe also this week. The surgery went as planned and all went well with it. She has had numerous tests ran, and what they have been able to see is that she has a ruptured blood vessel at the base of her brain. The blood vessel has stopped bleeding and the next goal is to find out what has caused this and the best way to treat it. I ask for those who read this to please pray for her. Her name is Debbie. We really do appreciate it!

1 comment:

shannon said...

thanks for the update on both of you...hope to see you Sunday, Lord willing.