Friday, June 26, 2009

Hair Today...Gone Tomorrow

Today will be treatment number 5 and that means we are at the half-way mark. I haven't had many side effects from the radiation so far. One thing that is happening is a little bit of hair loss. This could be because of the chemo-embolization or the radiation. I think it may be more from the embolization because we were told that there may be some hair loss associated with it. I am expecting to loose more hair from the radiation; however, those side effects usually start about 2 weeks after the first treatment. I have started to prepare for the hairloss and have ordered some hats and a scarf. Mom and dad have even said that they would shave thier head in support. Oh my! So, that's what's been going on lately. Things are going very well and I have more energy than I've had in a while. I feel more like getting out and about and have been enjoying getting out to go to the treatments. The Lord is continuing to bless our family. He is giving me the strength, the peace and the endurance I need to want to do these things. Thank you Lord!! And, thank you for all your prayers. The Lord hears and is answering them. It is so amazing to see Him answer little requests and show us things day by day. How wonderful it is to belong to Him!!!

3 comments:

Caleb and Emily's Mommy said...

It was good to see you the other day! You look wonderful! I'm glad you are feeling good and have energy. I've been thinking about you and praying for you.

Anonymous said...

really nice title and good blog shared on blogger.com :)

Pain Management
Diet Menu

mkg said...

I am praying for you all. I miss seeing your sweet smiling face! You are such a sweet treasure of His!