Thursday, June 4, 2009

Back Home

We are home from the hospital now. We have actually been home since Tuesday afternoon. The procedure went well, no complications. Aaron said that the doctor told him that they used all of the chemotherapy drug in the tumor. We were not expecting it all to be used. After I woke up from the anesthesia I was taken to my room and settled in. Monday afternoon and Monday evening I felt good and had no side effects. The most common are nausea and pain. And I was able to eat what they had brought for dinner. This was an answer to prayer. We were expecting the worse since that was what we had been told to expect. Monday night I started having a little pain... a little. Again, answer to prayer. I slept as well as I could with nurses coming in to get vital signs. Tuesday I was starting to feel a little worse. I started getting a little nauseous but wasn't really in pain. I did have a migraine that I'm still trying to get rid of today. If it's not gone in a week we are going to call the doctor back. Tuesday I wasn't feeling too bad, just the migraine. Wednesday was about the same but with a little more nausea...possibly due to the migraine. Aaron and my mom have been taking wonderful care of me and RJ. Aaron has become my personal nurse and dispenses All in all I'm good...much better than what we expected. The Lord has heard and answered the prayers of his saints. All glory, honor, and priase go to Him alone!! Thank you to those who have been praying in this situaion; we really do appreciate it.

2 comments:

Just My Life said...

I hope you continue to do as well as you have and even better.

Mom B said...

Shawna,
How awesome is Our God, that He has cared for you and gone before you in each and every step of this journey! I continue to pray, each day for you, for Aaron, for RJ and your parents.
What a praise to hear that your side effects were less than you were prepared for!
Love you and am thinking of you! MB