Saturday, May 30, 2009

Getting Prepared

It seems like this week has just flown by and it's hard to believe that tomorrow evening I'll being heading down to Birmingham to have the first procedure done on the road to eradicating the liver cancer. I feel like I've waited a long time just to get started. But, it's all in the Lord's timing and not mine.

Yesterday Mom, RJ and I went to Florence to visit my grandparents. It's been close to 5 months since they have seen RJ and we wanted to make the drive before I went to Birmingham. It was a very nice trip and they enjoyed seeing us; RJ especially. RJ was a good boy and we were VERY thankful for that. For the past 3 day's he's been quite a handul...more than what we are used to from him. It also felt good for me to get out of the house and go on a little trip. As we were on our way there, Mom and I noticed a number of little wat-not shops that we would like ot stop in. We also saw a very large yardsale, that if we had not been running late, we would've stopped to parooze their wares. We said that one day we would like to just take a drive back that way to stop in all the neat stores and yardsales along the way. That's my kind of trip!

So, as the title of this post says, I am getting prepared for the first treatment/procedure at UAB. The only thing I am really hoping for, besides that it will shrink the tumor, is that the pain is less than that of the livery biopsy. The liver biopsy was the worst pain I have EVER felt. That's all I ask. Oh, and that things do go smoothly and there are no complications. Ok, there are a few things I'm asking the Lord for. The other thing I am asking is that my family be comforted and the Lord ease their minds as I am going through this. I cannot thank them enough for all the help and support they have given me. The Lord continues to bless my family and I day to day. It is so amazing just watching how He answers the littlest of requests. I can not thank Him enough for the mercy and kindness he has shown. Having mentioned the previous things, I would ask, if you would, to pray for my family and I. We truly do appreciate it and we know the Lord hears our prayers. Thank you.

No comments: